Friday, January 22, 2010

The All Mother

My most recent drawing
Ballpoint pen (a shitty Bic I think...)
A concept I had for a dark goddess of life.

6 comments:

  1. First of all i don't know how you can just draw stuff with pen, i always fuck it up and then it cant be fixed, props for it though. I like that hands are holding the stomach like a pregnant woman would it's kind of a subtle link to the life idea. Anyways the immediate thought i had when seeing this was a second piece contrasting the dark goddess of life with a light goddess of death. the idea of these sort of archetypes playing a part in basically their complete opposite roles is a neat idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Man.
    The reason I started using pen was to force myself to roll with the mistakes, because they do happen constantly, and working with a medium that doesn't allow room for correction pushes you to really accept the mistakes and incorporate them, and to make fewer mistakes in general, which seems out of ones control, but I do find that when I'm using a pen I screw up less than I do when I'm using a pencil.
    And I really like the idea of a light goddess of death, I have been looking to creat a pantheon around this design but hadn't come up with any solid ideas, it didn't even occur to me to do that. I'll play around with the idea and post anything I come up with that's worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like it. it looks like the monster from pans labrynths step mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! ^_^ It was very inspired by Guillermo Del Toro.

    ReplyDelete
  5. seriously amazing.. i showed a bunch of my film maker buddies and they all loved it! several gave "del torro props".. i agree with trying to pair this with a light god of death. to see them side by side would lead for some interesting talks...

    ReplyDelete
  6. seriously, justin.. we need to design special effects creatures together for my films..

    ReplyDelete